The Piano Spot Studio Policy
- Piano students (“students” refers to minor students and their parents, or adult students) must have acoustic pianos at home for practicing.
- One parent will observe the lessons of students who are 2nd grade and under. This parent will commit to coaching daily practicing.
- All students must practice according to the requirements in the Student Handbook; practicing is not optional.
Performance Opportunities and Events
- Optional performance opportunities and events may include recitals, festivals, and written music theory exams. There are no recital fees, but additional fees for other events may apply.
- The teacher will determine the appropriateness of events for each student and is not obligated to register students for events. The teacher reserves the right to withdraw students from events if they are not prepared or if they discontinue lessons through The Piano Spot. Event fees are nonrefundable.
- Students will be scheduled for weekly lessons beginning August 20, 2023 – May 21, 2023, with the following exceptions:
- November 19 – 26
- December 17 – January 2
- March 10 – 17
- Although unlikely, this schedule may be changed by the teacher. Lessons may be changed by the teacher to virtual lessons in the event of unforeseen circumstances (e.g., teacher illness, pandemics, etc.). Students agree to take these virtual lessons as scheduled if this occurs. Otherwise, students may choose to have virtual or in-person lessons throughout the year for any reason.
- During the school year, a maximum of three cancelled lessons with prior notice can be rescheduled in the following summer.
- All students will take a minimum of four summer lessons. These are factored into the monthly tuition payments. Students (especially beginners) are encouraged to take weekly lessons throughout the summer. Additional summer lessons will have per lesson fees.
- For summer cancellations or summer rescheduling, please give 48 hours’ notice unless there is a sudden illness or emergency.
Tuition and General Studio Information
- The monthly tuition payments are for lessons between August 20, 2023, and May 21, 2024, and four summer lessons. Tuition has been averaged into eleven equal monthly payments regardless of the number of lessons per month.
- Tuition payments are due the 1st of the month, August through June. Monthly tuition fees are $140 for 30-minute lessons, $190 for 45-minute lessons, and $250 for 60-minute lessons. Tuition payments are paid through Zelle.
- There is a $10 late fee for payments not received by the due date. Lessons will be cancelled and not rescheduled or reimbursed if they have not been paid for in advance due to a late payment.
- Books will be obtained by the teacher and paid for by the student.
- Students may discontinue taking lessons with 30 days’ notice. If a student discontinues lessons during the school year, the student’s cancelled lessons from the school year will not be rescheduled or refunded.
- The teacher may discontinue teaching a student at any time. If this occurs, the student will be reimbursed for prepaid lessons not taken. There are no reimbursements for instruments, books, or other materials that the student purchased.
- Lessons will start and end at the scheduled lesson time.
- If a student, student’s sibling(s), parents, or other individuals the student brought to lessons or Piano Spot events cause damage to The Piano Spot property or to other venues/property, the student agrees to pay for the damage.
- Students and those in attendance with students (e.g., friends, family) at lessons, recitals, competitions, or other events through The Piano Spot, KMTA or other hosting organizations, agree to hold harmless Kathleen Daugherty, the property owners of The Piano Spot studio and/or owners and operators of other related venues and functions from all liability pertaining to but not limited to physical, personal, emotional injury and/or property damage.
- The teacher reserves the right to amend this policy at any time. The policy will remain in effect until further notice. If the policy is changed, students will be notified in writing.