The Piano Spot Studio Policy
- Students (“students” refers to minor students and their parents or adult students) must have acoustic pianos at home for practicing.
- One parent must be present to observe the lessons of students 2nd grade and under. This parent will commit to assisting and coaching daily practicing.
- Music books will be obtained by the teacher and paid for by the student.
Performance Opportunities and Events
- Performance opportunities and events may include recitals, festivals, competitions and theory exams. Performances and exams are optional.
- The teacher will determine the readiness and appropriateness of events for each student. The teacher reserves the right to withdraw students from events.
- Students will be scheduled for weekly lessons beginning August 23, 2020 – May 20, 2021, with the following exceptions:
- Sunday, November 22, 2020 – Saturday, November 28, 2020
- Sunday, December 20, 2020 – Sunday, January 3, 2021
- Sunday, March 14, 2021 – Saturday, March 20, 2021
- Although unlikely, this schedule may be changed by the teacher due to emergencies.
- Prior notice of a cancelled or missed lesson is required in order for it to be rescheduled in the summer. The monthly tuition remains the same regardless of attendance or cancellations.
- Lessons may be changed by the teacher to virtual/online lessons only in the event of unforeseen circumstances that prevent in-person lessons from occurring safely (e.g., major flooding, icy roads, pandemics, etc.).
- Students may choose to have virtual lessons instead of in-person lessons. Please notify the teacher prior to the lesson.
- Students will take four summer lessons in addition to rescheduled lessons from the academic year. Students may take extra lessons throughout the summer if they choose.
- For summer cancellations or rescheduling, please give 48 hours’ notice.
Tuition and General Studio Information
- Tuition for the year (August 23 – May 20 plus four summer lessons) is averaged into monthly payments and is due the 1st of the month, August through June. Monthly tuition: $135 for 30-minute lessons, $180 for 45-minute lessons, and$235 for 60-minute lessons.
- There is a $10 fee for late payments. Lessons will be cancelled and not rescheduled, refunded, or credited if they have not been paid for in advance due to a late payment.
- Students may discontinue taking lessons at any time. 30 days’ notice is requested. Prepaid lessons will not be refunded unless the student has paid for the semester or year in advance. In this case, students will be refunded the portion that remains after the 30-day notice timeframe.
- If a student discontinues lessons during the school year, the student’s cancelled lessons from the school year will not be rescheduled or refunded.
- Students should minimize cancelled lessons throughout the academic year; try not to exceed three cancellations. These lessons can be rescheduled in the summer.
- The teacher may discontinue teaching a student at any time. If this occurs, the student will be reimbursed for prepaid lessons not taken.
- If a student, student’s sibling(s), parents or other individuals the student brought to lessons or Piano Spot events cause damage to The Piano Spot property or to other venues/property, the student agrees to pay for the damage.
- Students and those in attendance with students (e.g., friends, family) at lessons, recitals, competitions, or other events through The Piano Spot, KMTA or other hosting organizations, agree to hold harmless Kathleen Daugherty, the property owners of The Piano Spot studio and/or owners and operators of other related venues and functions from any and all liability pertaining to but not limited to physical, personal, emotional injury and/or property damage.
- The teacher reserves the right to amend this policy at any time. The policy will remain in effect until further notice. If the policy is changed, students will be notified in writing.